Center for Neuroscience
- Perspectives in Neuroscience Seminar Series: This is the official formal seminar series at the Center for Neuroscience. For this Seminar Series, graduate students and post-docs meet all the speakers in the Perspectives Series at a catered lunch and an informal meeting following the seminar.
- NeuroLunch: Each month, the members of a laboratory from within UC Davis present their recent research results to the Graduate Group. Presentations are made by a combination of PI’s, postdocs and graduate students. Lunch is provided by the Center and these sessions are very interactive.
- Neuroscience Student Organized Seminar Series: This is a seminar series in which graduate students nominate, invite, and host neuroscientists whose work they admire. Traditionally, three speakers are hosted each academic year representing multiple areas of neuroscience research. The goal of this seminar series is to promote interactions between graduate students and invited speakers. As such, the invited speakers spend much of their time with graduate students.
Center for Mind & Brain
- Exploring the Mind: This lecture series brings world-renowned cognitive neuroscientists to the UC Davis campus to lecture on a range of topics including neurolinguistics, vision science, child development, developmental disorders, music, attention, and memory.
- Distinguished Lecturer Series: is now in its 10th season of public lectures by nationally and internationally-recognized researchers in neurodevelopmental disorders. These monthly presentations (October 2011 – June 2012) are intended for both specialists and community members. All lectures are free and open to the public and no reservations are necessary.
- Minds Behind the MIND: Leading researchers and clinicians from the UC Davis MIND Institute present current research and new treatment findings. The presentations give our community a better perspective on the scope of research being conducted at the MIND Institute, the outcomes of this research, and ways they may support these efforts.
Other lectures of interest:
- Distinguished Women in Science lectures
- Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior (NPB) Faculty Seminar Series
- Department of Psychology Distinguished Speaker Series
- Psychobiology Brown Bag Series
- Major Issues in Modern Biology Seminar Series
- Storer Lectureship in the Life Sciences Series
- Joint Seminars in Molecular Biology